Note: Prior to using Unicorn, as part of the onboarding process, the Unicorn support team will register your account numbers with the Unicorn system. These will be the account numbers that you will use to originate transactions via Unicorn. The rails that you use for payment processing will also be defined at this point.
Unicorn receives transaction requests in the form of XML files produced by your treasury management system (TMS), and initiates those transactions with COS (CRB's banking core). Unicorn functions as the file translator to process your transactions. It initiates transactions, records them, listens for updates on the transactions and produces status reports which you can view.
Further reports are generated after every significant change in status relating to a transaction.
The Unicorn workflow is as follows:
- Prepare an XML file using your TMS.
- Send Unicorn the XML file via Unicorn's SFTP server.
- Unicorn polls the SFTP server every 30 minutes.
- When Unicorn identifies an XML file, it parses it, and validates the file (validation).
- Transactions are initiated in the CRB banking core, based on the XML file.
- The CRB banking core returns the results of the transaction process to Unicorn.
- Unicorn outputs status files (PSRs) via SFTP, reporting on the latest status of each file, batch and transaction.
Updated 11 months ago